California Grizzlies Shooting Club
Sunday, November 2nd, 2003
Coalinga (CA) Rifle Club Range
- Promote target shooting sports.
- Provide leadership in training of gun safety and marksmanship.
- Support and sponsor participation in competition at local, state, and national levels.
- Open to anyone who meets the legal standards of gun ownership and who supports the purposes of the club.
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP)
- California Rifle & Pistol Association (CRPA)
- Governance of the club will be vested in a Board of Directors that are elected by the membership.
- The Board of Directors shall elect the officers of the Club.
- At a minimum, the Club officers shall be President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Bylaws will be drafted by a subcommittee of the signatories of this document and will be approved by all.
For the purpose of getting started, the following are elected as provisional officers to facilitate in signing up with the affiliating organizations.
- Connie Taylor
- The provisional treasurer shall transfer funds from the California Grizzlies Boosters to the California Grizzlies club.
In recognition of prior efforts to form the California Grizzlies Club, the following are designated:
Junior High Power Coordinator:
Senior High Power Coordinator:
Provisional Officers Responsibilities:
- The provisional officers shall lead a subcommittee of the signatories in drafting a set of bylaws. This set of bylaws shall be submitted on or before 1 February 2004 for ratification.
- The provisional officers shall submit applications for affiliation with the NRA, CMP, and CRPA.
- The provisional officers shall draw up the papers for incorporation as a California not-for-profit corporation (mutual benefit).
- The provisional officers shall schedule a general membership meeting in the spring of 2004. This meeting shall be in conjunction with a competition where the members are anticipated to attend
- Once the Club is affiliated with the NRA and CMP, the provisional officers shall accept membership applications from interested persons.
- The President shall appoint a membership subcommittee to approve the applications.
Dues for membership shall be:
- Adult: Deferred
- Junior: Deferred
It is anticipated that the California Grizzlies Boosters will join the California Grizzlies Club. Fund raising and other activities currently pursued by the Boosters will be continued by the Club.
Other activities pursuant to the formation of the California Grizzlies Club that are not explicitly described herein may be undertaken as identified by the officers or members